Skip to main content
Get your brand new Wikispaces Classroom now
and do "back to school" in style.
Pages and Files
Clemenceau at Versailles
Economic Impact-Hyperinflation 1923
How far was the Nazi-soviet pact responsible for the outbreak of the Second World War?
Impact of the Treaty of versailles
Llyod-George at Versailles
Main Contents of the Treaty
Rearmament and the Re-militarisation of the Rhineland
The Saar Plebiscite & The Anschluss
Wilson at Versailles
Wilson's opinion on the treaty of Versailles
Add "All Pages"
The Sudetenland in 1938
1) On 11 March 1938, Austria annexed by Hitler
The leader of Czechoslovakia, Edward Beneš was
by increasing of
-> He knew Czechoslovakia was
Hitler’s next target
3) Edward Beneš wanted
Britain and France's guarantee
to honor their commitment and
Czechoslovakia from Germany.
4) Britain and France promised to help Czechoslovakia if Germany would attack them.
5) Chamberlain, the British Prime Minister asked Hitler if he had a plan to invade Czechoslovakia
-> Hitler replied :
6) Since Chamberlain trusted what Hitler said, Czechoslovakia was
“I give you my word of honour that Czechoslovakia has nothing to fear from the Reich”
. ~ Hitler speaking to Chamberlain.
7) However, Hitler wanted to
this region included a large number of Germans
8) On 9 September, The Nazis’s leader in the Sudetenland, Henlein, and the Sudetenland German
the Sudetenland to be part of Germany
9) Hitler clarified that Germany would fight against Czechoslovakia in order to
10) On 15 September, Meeting between Chamberlain and Hitler was held
-> Chamberlain gave parts of the Sudetenland
11) Hitler's demand grew , so he wanted to get all Sudetenland.
12) Britain and France made a deal, called the
, with Hitler.
What is Munich Agreement?
An agreement signed by Britain, France, Italy and Germany, in order to avoid a war by giving the whole of the Sudetenland to Germany.
Reasons Hitler gave for his action
The Sudetenland included a large number of Germans
Hitler claimed the Czechs mistreated the Germans
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"